Miscellaneous items and links to Beatles related info …
A tribute to Vidal Sassoon, CBE, 1928-2012, published on 9 April 2015. Vidal was my mentor, for which I am eternally grateful … and an interview on Anna Frawley’s Beatle Hour below …
Early years at Vidal Sassoon Photo Gallery by The Vidal Sassoon staff history
- Leslie cutting Britt Eckland’s brothers hair, Carl, at Grosvenor House Hotel Salon:
- Lawrence Falk and Leslie Cavandish
- Leslie cutting George Harrison’s hair at the Apple Hairdressing Salon in the Kings Road
British Beatles Fan Club The British Beatles Fan Club (BBFC) is run by fans for fans. They have over 800 members and bring together Beatles enthusiasts from the UK and across the world. They publish a highly esteemed quarterly magazine and organise Beatles related events in the London and Liverpool areas and across the UK, including monthly get-togethers in London. For those who can’t make it to the meetings they have an on-line chat group for keeping up to date with the latest news and in touch with other fans. Visist: www.britishbeatlesfanclub.co.uk for further information The Beatles in Tune Volume 1 by Mark Lewisohn Mark Lewisohn’s three-part biography, All These Years, is the first true and accurate account of the Beatles, a contextual history built upon impeccable research and written with energy, style, objectivity and insight. The first volume covers the crucial and less-known early period – the Liverpool and Hamburg years of a hungry rock and roll band, when all the sharp characters and situations take shape I attended the book launch in October 2013 at the Liverpool Institute of Arts where John Lennon, Stu Sutcliff Paul McCartney and George Harrison played their first gig in the canteen. There’s a few photos of my trip on this page. The book is available from Amazon here. There’s a short YouTube video on the book here. Gary James’ Interview With Leslie in April 2012 Gary James has interviewed over 1500 entertainment personalities since 1978. During that time he has interviewed everyone from Donny Osmond to Ozzy Osbourne, from Henry Mancini to Kiss. Read the interview here. The Beatles in London in the ’60s The third part of the report by Bebe Contepomi an Argentinian journalist on the Beatles. Bebe’s filmed documentary focusses on the Beatle’s time in London in the mid-60s and includes a brief video interview with Leslie here.
- Interview with Leslie Cavendish – “Vidal Sassoon trained stylist and personal hairdresser to The Beatles” by Sweet Jane a blogger on design and vintage collector, purveyor of 1960s & 1970s style, art, fashion, music, film, pop & counter culture.
- “Hair, there and everywhere: The Beatle Barber” interview on the TeamRock website
- “The Beatles Mop Top Hairstyle” video interview with Leslie on the evolution of The Beatles hair style and their impact on pop culture on the rockintheseams website.
- “The Beatles and Fashion: Fab Gear” review on the British Beatles Fan Club website.
- “Miss O’Dell: My Hard Days and Long Nights with The Beatles, The Stones, Bob …”, by Chris O’Dell
Fab 4 Taxi Tours is the original and best Beatles taxi sightseeing tour company in Liverpool. Our guides are passionate experts in Beatles history. Fully licensed they know Liverpool inside out and give fans memories to last a lifetime. See website for more details about our Beatles Liverpool Tours.
Hard Days Night Hotel
A ‘Fab Four’ star Liverpool hotel. Hard Days Night Hotel is the world’s only Beatles inspired hotel, combining the highest quality facilities in a truly unique environment. Located at the heart of Liverpool’s ‘Beatles Quarter’ offering luxurious accommodation and exclusive event space with a twist.
Further information at: www.harddaysnighthotel.com
My book was published in August 2017
The book is available in English and Spanish.
"The best Beatles book for some time." British Beatles Fan Club Magazine